RTV-50 is a bi-component addition (platinum) cured RTV silicone rubber which vulcanizes at room temperature. Because of its considerable fluidity, it is recommended for the duplication of models with many undercuts. This stuff is really thin!
- High chemical resistance to the aggressive components of some types of resin
- High resistance to laceration (this characteristic guarantees high resistance to wear and tear)
- High level of accuracy in reproducing very small particulars
- High dimensional stability over time and non-deformability
- Considerable resistance to high temperatures and to ageing
- Excellent non-stick effect
- Soft, stretchy, high tear resistance,
- Will not shrink in service
PLATINUM CURE for HIGH PRECISION Jewelery; Art; Industrial & Architectural molds – – Highest quality in the world. Room temp cure FAST SET TIME OF ABOUT 3 Hours.
Shore hardness of “50A ” Will not shrink in service.
You do not need to own a scale to use this silicone!
All of the following are commonly cast into this silicone:
- Urethane (polyurethane)
- Plaster Hydrocal, Hydrostone
- Polyester casting resin
- Low melt metals (mold life can be short)
- Cement, Concrete
For your project you may also need: